An additional £167m for the bus industry
Great news for the bus industry — the DfT have announced that there will be extra support through the COVID-19 Bus Service Support Grant (CBSSG). This temporary funding of £167m is in addition to the increased amounts of BSOG to pre-COVID-19 levels previously announced by the Department.
- Available to operators of eligible local bus services who are currently running between 40% to 50% of scheduled commercial mileage for a typical non-school week.
- Payments will be available for three months starting from 17 March 2020.
- The initial payment will be based on 2017/18 data submitted to the Department, with the following formula used:
- By the end of the month operators will need to provide a list of services (including registration numbers), the live commercial kilometres operated and passenger details (split by fare-paying and concessions). The same information will be required for 2019 as a baseline.
- Operators will not be permitted to achieve an operating margin through CBSSG funding.
Full details of the letter sent out to operators can be found here.
April 7, 2020
If you have any questions on the CBSSG scheme then please get in touch with email@example.com.